'FIRE in you' billboards to go up near local community colleges | News
New billboards to promote the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York’s statewide advertising campaign “FIRE in you” will roll out in August near local community colleges.
FASNY’s billboards will be near Hudson Valley, Adirondack, Columbia Greene, Schenectady and Fulton Montgomery and the exact locations will be as follows:
· NY 378, S/O STOWE AVE., S/S, F/E-HUDSON VALLEY CC
· SPRING AVE, W/O LOCUST, N/S, F/E-HUDSON VALLEY CC
· BLVD AVE-1/4 MI E/O QUAKER RD- N/S, F/E-ADIRONDACK CC
· MAPLE AVE, 500' S/O AIR NAT'L GRD RD-E/S-HUDSON VALLEY CC
· RT 23 E/O 9W-COLUMBIA GREENE CC
· RT 67, 1/2 MI E/O RT 30A, S/S, F/E-SCHENECTADY CC
· RT. 9, 1/10 MI. S/O NOLAN RD., W/S, F/N-ADIRONDACK CC
· BROADWAY, 100' N/O I-890, E/S, F/S-HUDSON VALLEY CC
· RT 30A, 1/10 MI N/O FONTCLAIR, W/S, F/N-FULTON MONTGOMERY CC
The billboards are being created to help recruit volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel across New York State and they are geared towards community college students.
“Unfortunately, we’ve seen a decline in the number of volunteer firefighters around the state over the last several years,” said FASNY President David Jacobowitz. “We need to utilize a variety of methods and resources, including billboards, to reach out to young, strong men and women to join their local volunteer fire departments.”